drugs should be banned
· Heroin slows down body functioning and stops physical and psychological pain.
· Most users get a rush or buzz a few minutes after taking it.
· A small dose of heroin gives the user a feeling of warmth and well-being.
· Bigger doses can make the user sleepy and very relaxed.
· The first dose of heroin can bring about dizziness and vomiting.
Chances of getting addicted to it
Big time even when it's smoked. Heroin is not addictive instantly but over time the desired effects reduce so much that users have to take more and more just to get the same effects and even more just to feel 'normal'. Effects on the brain cause 'craving' and strong psychological and physical dependence.
Drugs have been developed to help treat heroin addiction. These include substitutes for heroin such as methadone and subutex (bupranorphine) and also drugs like naltrexone that block the effects of heroin so you can't get a high.
· Deaths from overdose occur. But the risk increases after a period off the drug because the body's tolerance for the drug goes down.
· Excessive doses can lead to coma and even death from respiratory failure.
· If heroin is taken with other drugs, including alcohol, overdose is much more likely.
· Other downers such as benzodiazepine tranquillisers are also associated with heroin overdose deaths.
· There's a risk of death due to inhaling vomit as heroin stops the body's cough reflex working properly.
· Injecting heroin can do nasty damage to your veins and has been known to lead to gangrene.
· The risks of sharing needles and other works to inject are well-known, putting you in danger of infections like hepatitis B or C and of course HIV/AIDS.
Heroin is a class A drug. This means that possessing it can lead to a prison sentence of up to 7 years and an unlimited fine. Supplying (which includes giving it to a friend) could lead to a life sentence and another unlimited fine.
Fact: Passing drugs among friends is supplying in the eyes of the law.
Fact: A drug conviction could stand between you and your ideal job.