Tournament Rules 2002
1) The deadline for putting your name forward to enter your office team is Wednesday 26th June at Midday, see your office representative to enter.
2) All office teams must be picked by Thursday 27th June and completed team sheet faxed to Dave Preston at crewe by 4pm.
3) Place players in the order they will play in the team, the positions and players stay the same all the way through the tournament, as to stop tactical movement of star players etc.
4) All players must be employees of the company and work from the office they are playing for.
5) Each team must nominate a captain and mark it on the sheet. The captain is responsible for ensuring the teams are at LA Bowl Warrington no later than 6:45pm
6) The captains are responsible for collecting £5 from each player, the team fee of £30 must be paid on the night to Dave Preston.
7) The draw for the competition will be made at the Crewe office at Midday Friday 28th June.
8) If any player is injured and cannot continue at any point of the game, a fellow team member with the lowest score may take their place for the rest of the game.
9) If any player in any team bowls for somone else or not in the order of the team sheet the team in question will be disqualified.
10) Each game is in the form of a head to head with the opposite player in the opposing team, the player with the highest score gains their team a point.
After all six games are completed the scores are added up and the team with the most points go through. If the scores are 3 points each the team score is added up and the team with the biggest score wins.
If everything is tied a simple toss of the coin will decide the winners.
11) This year there is a time limit on each team due to the middle of the night finish to 2001. The food is served at 10pm we must be finished for this time.
Each team must start the tournament on the hour prompt starting at the same time as their opponents. All teams have 55minutes to finish the game. Any teams not finished in this time will have the game stopped and points added up from that position
The games will all have lane marshalls this year so the rules and times are kept in order.
12) There are prizes for Best male score, Best female score, Winning team 2nd place and 3rd place.
13) Each game is played from left to right in the form of lane positions. If your team is drawn first you are in the left lane, 2nd right lane, 3rd the furthest right lane.
Game 1 Team A v Team B
Game 2 Team C v Team D
Game 3 Team E v Team F V Team G
Winners from each game and the runner up in game 3 go through to the semi final.
Game 1 winner v Game 3 runner up.
Game 2 winner v Game 3 winner.
Game 1 winner v Game 2 winner v best team score runner up.