The history of the Fancy Family
Maria Almond : Message Board
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF
NEWSQUEST'S COMMUNIGATE MESSAGE BOARD
In these Conditions of Use:-
Newsquest Media Group Ltd,
34-44 London Road,
Surrey SM4 5BR
"you" means the user of the Message Board.
- Conditions of Use
If you wish to upload or post
information on this Message Board, you must first register such information
as is required by us. No information can be posted on this Message Board
without first obtaining such registration.
- Personal Information/Data Protection
We will respect your personal information in accordance with all
applicable UK Data Protection legislation. All personal information which
you provide will be stored on computer. You consent to such information
being used by us for marketing purposes including making you aware of goods
and services which in our opinion you may find of interest. You consent to
this information being disclosed (a) to our group companies whether such
companies are based in the US, the UK or elsewhere and (b) to any
organisation operating a Web Site as part of the CommuniGate Site, in
each case to enable them to use such information for marketing purposes. If
you object to such use of your information, you must inform us in writing.
All information may be retained for up to six months after you provide it
and used for the same purposes.
- Uploading or Posting to this Message Board
- You agree not to upload or post on to this Message Board information,
files or software or any other materials:-
- containing pornography;
- containing sexually explicit or offensive content;
- containing vulgar or obscene language;
- containing racially or ethnically offensive content;
- containing material which is illegal or criminal or regarding illegal
activity or designed to encourage illegal activity or otherwise unlawful in
any manner whatsoever;
- intended to harass or threaten any party;
- which offer products or services or contain advertising for any products
or services or promote any party's commercial interests in any manner
whatsoever. We shall have the right to determine what constitutes the
promotion of a commercial interest;
- which infringe any copyright, design rights, database rights or other
intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party without the
consent of that third party;
- containing defamatory or libellous content;
- which have been manipulated in order to disguise the origin of any
- which may interfere with or disrupt the services provided by us.
- If you post or upload onto this Message Board any information, files,
software or other materials or provide any links to other sites or
materials, you are responsible for such and for any claims which may be made
by third parties in that respect. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify us
and our group companies against any claims, damages, costs, losses, expenses
or liabilities which we may incur as a result of any misuse or unlawful use
of this Message Board by you including, without limitation, arising from any
breach of the rules set out in this Condition 3 carried out by you or by a
third party for whom you are responsible.
- If you contribute information, files, software or other materials to
this Message Board, you hereby grant us and our group companies and other
users of this Message Board, a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable,
non-exclusive right to edit, amend, reformat, copy, publish (in any medium
whether paperbased or electronic), sub-licence and distribute any such
materials. You will not submit any such materials unless you are able to
grant such rights. You will indemnify us against any claims, damages,
costs, losses, expenses or liabilities which we may incur if you do not have
such rights to grant.
- Use of this Message Board
- You agree not to do anything which is likely to, or intended to,
disrupt use by others of this Message Board or which amounts to spamming.
- You agree to use all reasonable endeavours not to upload or post onto
this Message Board any materials which contain viruses, worms, logic bombs
or other destructive features or contaminants.
- You agree not to falsely impersonate another person when using this
- Removal of Materials by Newsquest
We reserve the right at any time to edit or remove any
information, files, software or other materials from this Message Board
which are or may be in our opinion, in breach of any of the rules set out in
Condition 3 or are otherwise harmful or offensive in any way to any person
or where complaints are received in respect of such materials. We will not
be liable to any person who has placed such materials on this Message Board,
irrespective of any such editing or removal. We do not, however, guarantee
prompt editing or removal of any such material from this Message Board in
- Exclusion of Liability for materials on the Site
THE INFORMATION, FILES, SOFTWARE AND OTHER MATERIALS CONTAINED
WITHIN THIS MESSAGE BOARD ARE PROVIDED BY INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTORS.
NEWSQUEST DOES NOT MONITOR OR EDIT SUCH MATERIALS NOR DOES IT MONITOR
CONDUCT ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD. ANY VIEWS, OPINIONS OR STATEMENTS MADE IN
SUCH MATERIALS ARE THOSE OF THE CONTRIBUTORS AND WE DO NOT ENDORSE THOSE.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON IN RESPECT OF
ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED WITH THIS BULLETIN AND IN PARTICULAR, WITHOUT
- ANY INACCURACY OR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH MATERIALS;
- THE INCOMPLETENESS OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS;
- ANY SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR PRODUCTS WHICH MAY BE PROVIDED OR OFFERED
FROM SUCH MATERIALS;
- ANY USE WHICH MAY BE MADE OF SUCH MATERIALS;
- DEFAMATORY, HARMFUL, CRIMINAL, PORNOGRAPHIC OR OFFENSIVE CONTENT IN SUCH
- THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD.
- Accessible/Linked Third Party Materials and Sites
ANY THIRD PARTY SITES, MESSAGE BOARDS, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR
FILES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED FROM THE MATERIALS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS MESSAGE
BOARD OR WHICH ARE LINKED TO THE MATERIALS CONTRIBUTED TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD
ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE THIRD PARTY PROVIDING SUCH ACCESS OR LINK
OR OPERATING OR OFFERING SUCH. WE GIVE NO WARRANTY IN RESPECT OF SUCH AND
ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON FOR SUCH OR FOR ANY USE
WHICH MAY BE MADE OF SUCH.
- Rights in Message Board
We own the content of this Message Board (other than the
content submitted by
contributors) together with all copyright and other intellectual rights
and the design and presentation of this Message Board. Use or copying or
in whole or in part, without our express written consent is prohibited.
- Newsquest's Right to Ban Use
Without prejudice to any other rights which may be available to
us, we reserve the right to cancel the registration of any user of this
Message Board or to ban any user from this Message Board if that user fails
to comply with these Conditions of Use.
These Conditions of Use may be amended from time to time and, if
such amendments are made, the amended Conditions of Use will be placed on
this page and will be binding on each user of this Message Board.
Where applicable, you are responsible for maintaining
confidentiality of any user name and password provided to you on
registration. You shall not disclose your user name or password to any
third party. You are responsible for all activities which occur under your
user name and/or password. If you become aware that any third party has
obtained access to your user name or password or of any unauthorised use of
your user name or password, you must report such to us immediately.
These Conditions of Use shall be construed in accordance with
English law. If there is any dispute arising out of these Conditions or use
of the Message Board, the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.