The site which many will know as "Pontypool Girls' Grammar School" will cease to function as a school at the end of August 2007.
Since the first school opened in January 1897 it has taken on a number of guises but will be remembered by many with great affection.
The Girls' Grammar School ceased to exist in 1982 when it joined with the then Trevethin Secondary School to form the new Trevethin Comprehensive School. Later it took on its present name Trevethin Community School.
That name perhaps reflects best it's role in the community over the last twenty years.