Found a Stray Dog?
If you ever find a stray dog and if its approachable, then carry out the following:-
1) Check to see if its wearing a collar & tag with owners details or any other forms of ID, ie Ear Tattoo, Micro-Chip tag.
2) Walk or Drive around your neighbourhood to check for any missing notices.
3) Check local vets, animal shelters, etc.
4) If all efforts fail and you wish to keep the dog, then you must inform the Council Dog Warden where you will be asked to sign an agreement to keep the dog for a minimum of one month unless claimed by its original owner.
If, within this time you decide not to keep the dog, it MUST be handed over to the Dog Warden and not your friends or family.
5) If all else fails, then you must by law inform the dog warden and Not The Police as a stray.