Just for fun here is a little quiz to find out how Roman you are. It is simple. Answer yes or no to the following questions and you will discover if you would be at home in Ancient Rome...........
1. Can you speak English? Have you ever learnt French, German or Spanish?
2. Do you cook with olive oil, drink wine or beer or eat honey?
3. Do you eat strawberries, cherries, peas or carrots?
4. Have you ever been to a theatre or stadium to see shows?
5. Have you ever been to a swimming pool or gym? Do you bath at home?
6. Do you have a swimming pool at home?
7. Are you interested in renown and "bling"? Would you like fame and fortune?
8. Do you have false teeth or wear a wig?
9. Do you have a pet moggy?
If you have answered "yes" to any of these questions, then you are still benefiting from Roman culture and life styles. Did you know that between 50% and 60% of words used in the modern English language have Latin (Roman) origins. And it's not just any half — it's the most difficult half! The common one and two syllable words of every day speech in English are from a German origin, but the big three to five syllable words usually derive from Latin. There is probably no other language in the world that affects English as much as Latin.
If you live in or around South Herts and you would like a Roman evening or your children to learn beginners Latin, then visit
or call Gill on (01707)663272.