Building Control Officer or Surveyor
|A typical drainage installation awaiting inspection|
A building control officers job involves:
* Checking of plans and details of buildings to be erected or altered.
* Regular inspection of work in progress to ensure that building work is in accordance with building regulations.
* Management of buildings and structures identified as being in a dangerous condition.
* Management of the demolition of buildings.
* Management of improved access to buildings for people with disabilities.
* Guidance and advice on all types of buildings and constructional problems including those not subject to Building Regulation control.