Regulation 12 Building Regulations 2000 (as amended)
DEPOSIT OF PLANS AND NOTICES
NOTICES AND PLANS
Giving of a building notice or deposit of plans
12. - (1) In this regulation "relevant use" means a use as a workplace of a kind to which Part II of the Fire Precautions (Workplace) Regulations 1997 applies or a use designated under section 1 of the Fire Precautions Act 1971;
(2) Subject to the following provisions of this regulation, a person who intends to carry out building work or to make a material change of use shall -
(a) give to the local authority a building notice in accordance with regulation 13; or
(b) deposit full plans with the local authority in accordance with regulation 14.
(3) A person shall deposit full plans where he intends to carry out building work in relation to a building put or intended to be put to a use which is a relevant use.
(4) A person shall deposit full plans where he intends to carry out work which includes the erection of a building fronting on to a private street.
(4A) A person shall deposit full plans where he intends to carry out building work in relation to which paragraph H4 of Schedule 1 imposes a requirement. (1/4/2002)
(5) A person who intends to carry out building work consisting only work described in column 1 of Schedule 2A is not required to give a building notice or deposit full plans if the work is to be carried out by a person described in the corresponding entry in column 2 of that Schedule, and paragraphs 1 and 2 at the end of that Schedule have effect for the purposes of those descriptions. (1/4/2002)
(6) Where regulation 20 of the Building (Approved Inspectors etc.) Regulations 2000 (local authority powers in relation to partly completed work) applies, the owner shall comply with the
requirements of that regulation instead of with this regulation.