Walking on Scout Moor 2012
Welcome to a new Walking Season
Reasons to Walk
1. Walking is a social activity and a great way to meet people.
2. You’ll have a lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke if you walk regularly.
3. You could lower your blood pressure through regular walking.
4. If you have high cholesterol, walking can reduce it and improve your blood lipid profile.
5. It helps you get to know the countryside in your area.
6. It can have a positive effect on your mental wellbeing.
7. Walking allows you to take in your surroundings and catch some great scenery.
8. You will have better control over your body weight.
9. Walking is great for osteoarthritis sufferers.
10. You could lower your blood pressure through regular walking.
Go on give us a go - Go for a Walk
This is our 118th season of walks
The Class undertakes rambles into the countryside on regular Saturdays throughout the year and on Tuesday evenings during the summer months. We walk within the the West Pennine Moors, Ribble Valley and the Forest of Bowland, exploring the paths in woods, over moors and alongside rivers of the area. WE occasionally venture into the Yorkshire.
The rambles range in length from 5 miles to 11 miles so that it is easy to choose one within your capability.
Visit the History of the Class page for a detailed account of our rambling club down the ages.
Membership of the Class costs £5.00 per member per year and for this a Syllabus giving much more information about the walks is provided. The syllabus is available from walks leaders or officials of the Class.
If you would like to be a member of this historic rambling group and obtain your Syllabus, then please send, a A5 self addressed envelope with a 2nd Class stamp and a cheque for £5.00 made payable to Spring Vale Rambling Class to the Secretary
Contact address - The Secretary SVRC 103 School Lane, Guide, Blackburn, Tel. 01254 671269.
Our walks programme is open to all and people new to rambling will be made most welcome.
The Class is affiliated to the Ramblers Britian's walking Charity
The Class always extends a warm and friendly welcome to anyone interested in country walking.