Economic development is at the heart of this institute
1. To promote and provide learning in science, technology, education, and economic development.
2. To encourage and facilitate hands-on learning approach where graduates can go straight into jobs with little employer training.
3. To promote industrialization and provide trained manpower for these industries to create a manufacturing sector which uses raw materials produced in the country with a view to creating jobs in the agricultural and the services sector.
4. To promote excellence in science, technology and economics and encourage in depth research in these fields so as to create a knowledge base in the country.
5. To promote the establishment of an independent think thank body which advises the government on economic, development and social engineering issues. This organization should be independent enough to criticize the government and state its objections to matters within its competency field.
6. To promote the establishment of learned societies and institutions in order to bring together learned individuals of the same field so as to enable them to further their knowledge in that field.