A Gift of Silver
Newspaper Clipping - Unknown Date
A gesture which has been greatly appreciated by the Rector of Brotton, Rev K.E. Nelson, and by members of the Brotton Parish Church, was made by Mr John B. Allen, of South Gosforth, Newcastle this week.
He made a special journey to offer as a gift to the church, the Silver Trowel which was used in the laying of the foundation stone of the Church in 1888.
The trowel, which has an ivory handle, was inscribed at the time to commemorate the occasion, and recently came into the possession of Mr Allen, who is interested in historical buildings and churches.
The gift was received with thanks, and Mr Nelson is now considering the possibility of it being placed in the church in a display case.
Clipping taken from the scrapbooks of the late Mr A.N Harker.