Cross Keys Leek Club
Rules of Club 2011/2012
(as amended by resolution of the Members at the AGM 5th October 2010)
1. Meetings to be held on 1st Tuesday of every month at 8.00 p.m.
2. All members to pay a weekly subscription of £2.00, payable in advance at the monthly meeting.
3. All members must pay the full year’s subscription regardless of when they join the club.
4. Annual Show to be held on second Saturday in September, at the Scout Hut, subject to price and availability.
5. Location of leek trenches to be nominated at start of the season.
6. Leek stamping by nominated members to take place 5 weeks before Show.
7. For classes 1, 2, and for the Collection class 20, each member shall be entitled to bench one stand of each only. For all other classes, members may bench up to three stands.
8. All produce must be grown by the member in the permanent trench nominated in 5. above – ‘ringers’ will be disqualified. Leeks grown in pots or moveable containers will not be stamped.
9. Unstamped leeks will not be eligible for benching on Show Day.
10. Any leek that is accepted by the Show Stewards as ‘sound’ is to be judged as sound even if a split occurs after benching but prior to judging.
11. Fundraising activities as determined as necessary from time to time by the membership and show day duties shall be contributed to by all members.
12. Prize money generally shall be derived from members’ subscriptions and from sales of produce, door fees on show day and other functions.
13. All other monies raised by the club by contribution from the general public (from raffles, sweeps and the like) shall not in general go towards prize money but towards administrative costs and show day costs.
* * * * *