Cross Keys Leek Club Home Page
Cross Keys Leek Club - Rules 2011 Season
Cross Keys Leek Club - Members List 2012 Season
Cross Keys Leek Club - Recommended Suppliers of Seeds and Plants
Archive Material from The Cross Keys Leek Club of the Past
More Archive Stuff...
Show Schedule 2012
Meet The Members
Social Events Reports
Notes of Monthly Meetings
Members' Items For Sale or Wanted
2010 SHOW - Story and Pictures
2009 Annual Show - Pictures and Full Story
Plant Sale BH Monday 7th May 2012
2010 Full Results by Schedule
New Members 2011/2012 Season
2011 Show - Pictures and Results
Cross Keys Leek Club in the Community
Annual Draw New Year's Day 1/1/2012
Contact Information for Cross Keys Leek Club, Gainford
Cross Keys Leek Club Show Schedule 2012
|Cross Keys Leek Club
Show Schedule - Season 2011/2012 (as amended by the Members at the meeting on 2/11/10)
PLEASE NOTE - MEMBERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLACE A CARD WITH THE NAME OF THE CULTIVAR NEXT TO THE EXHIBIT. THIS WILL ADD MUCH INTEREST TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND TO OTHER EXHIBITORS.
1. 2 no. Pot Leeks - 6 or less to tight button, sound all round.
2. 2 no. Trench (Blanch) Leeks over 9 ½ from button.
3. 1 no. Intermediate Leek over 6 from button but under 9 ½ (measured by volume).
4. 3 no. Leeks 1 Pot, 1 Trench, 1 Intermediate
5. 2 no. Onions from seed (as pulled).
6. 2 no. Onions from sets (dressed).
7. 4 no. Shallots
8. 3 no. Round Beetroot (3 tops)
9. 3 no. Potatoes round or kidney
10. 2 no. Long Carrots (3 tops)
11. 2 no. Carrots stump rooted (3 tops)
12. 1 no. Cabbage any cultivar with 4
13. 2 no Peppers - Sweet or Hot, with Stalks
14. 6 no. Runner Beans
15. 6 no. Pods of Peas
16. 2 no. Marrows (matched pair)
17. 2 no. Cucumbers (matched pair)
18. 4 no. Tomatoes
19. 2 no. Parsnips (3 tops)
20. Collection of 4 no. different vegetables (one of each). Any tray, board or showing medium allowed. Pot leeks and trench leeks to be regarded as different vegetables.
21. 3 no. Dahlias Cactus
22. 3 no. Dahlias Decorative
23. 6 no. Dahlias any cultivar other than classes 21 or 22.
24. 3 no. Stems of Spray Chrysanthemums
25. 3 no. Gladioli
26. 6 no. Sweet Peas
27. 4 no. Pansies
28. 1 no. Buttonhole (any variety)
29. 1 no. Rose in vase
30. 1 no. Vase of 6 different blooms (6 different varieties e.g. 1 dahlia, 1 rose etc.)
31. 1 no. Pot Plant flowering or foliage (any size of Pot)
32. One flower benched with one vegetable
33. 1 no. vase of flowers in a Display
34. Comic or unusual vegetable exhibit
35. Display of Vegetables in Arrangement one or more of any variety in freestyle imaginative form.
35. Childrens Corner - Any vegetable exhibit grown by a youngster under 12 years all entries considered (prize awarded for 1st) exhibitor named with exhibit.
This page has been visited times.