Minutes of Meeting Held 28th March 2006
Minutes of a Committee Meeting of the Chilton West Residents Association, Held on Tuesday 28th March 2006 at 7.15 pm in Henderson House.
Present: J Atkinson (CAVOS) and 7 members.
1. Welcome by Chair: The Chair welcomed all members to the meeting and thanked them for attending.
2. Apologies: M. Walton, P. Crawforth, S. Dodsworth, Cllr Porter, J. Franey, G Chapman, K. Elleanor, G. Britton, G. Chapman, A Campbell, A Coulthard, J Cullerton and PC Hall.
3. Minutes of Meeting Held 28.02.2006: The Minutes of the last meeting were read by the Chair and accepted by the meeting as a true record.
4. Matters Arising: Tony reported that there appeared to be no interest in the scheme to provide a gardening club for the young people of the area.
5. Police/Neighbourhood Wardens Report: No Police report was received.
Over the last month there have only been 11 complaints to the Neighbourhood Wardens. All but one was classed as anti-social behaviour, and that was a report of stray dogs. & were youths causing annoyance (2 alcohol related, 5 football, 1 fly tipping, 1 dog fouling and one damage. Fixed penalty notice for fouling has been issued, 1 written warning and 1 verbal warning. The fly tipping situation is improving but rubbish is still being dumped in the backyards of vacant property.
2 seven day notices have been issued on vehicles. Drop in sessions continue on Tuesday afternoons at Henderson House 1.30pm to 3.00pm.A bike marking session will be held at Henderson House on 12th April between 2pm and 4pm. A drug awareness session is being arranged. If you are interested please contact Kimberley.
Concerns were raised regarding traffic lights on the bypass. Drivers are ignoring red lights on the crossings.
6. Councillors/SBC Report: No councillors were present.
7. Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer reported that the Easter Raffle was now taking place with 50 superb prizes on offer.
8. Secretary’s Report: The Secretary reported that the Annual General Meeting would see elections taking place for all members of the Committee of the Residents Association plus all members of the Board of Directors of Henderson House.
9. Events Secretary’s Report: The Events Secretary had nothing to report
10. Private Housing Report: Colin Tobin was not present.
11. Henderson Community House: A bid has been put together for funding for a community worker to be based at Henderson House.
12. Any Other Business: A new Team Vicar has been appointed for St Aidens. She will take up her post in early June. There is a petition going round Chilton asking for the upgrading of business premises including Bells Stores. The Partnership is looking into the form an Arts project for Durham Road should take. The Borough and County Councils have donated money to the project.
Concerns have been raised re the siting of the bus shelter outside the Methodist Chapel.
The Partnership notice boards have been found and will be stored at Henderson House. There is a proposal to demolish Chilton Library and use the site to build the Health Centre which will incorporate a new library. A coffee morning will be held at Hutton House to raise funds to clean up the Memorial Garden.
13. Date, Time and Place of Next Meeting: Tuesday April 25th, at 7.15pm, Henderson Community House. This will be the AGM
Minutes prepared by Peter Crawforth from notes supplied by Marion Mitchell.