The Staffordshire Bull Terrier was officially recognised by the kennel club in 1935 having descended from a cross between the Bulldog and a terrier, the first official club was the Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club now generally referred to as the "parent club".
Its first official show on the 17 August 1935 judged by a Mr Beilby whoíse overall winner on the day was "Jim the Dandy".
The first champion in the breed was the immortal ch "Gentleman Jim".
The North Eastern Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club was formed in 1976 when it broke ranks from the North East Bull Terrier Club and Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club.
The north eastís first champion after gaining separate status was the Browns ch "Chmoeken Cyclone", who incidentally was the breedís joint top winning Stafford of 1976.
With hard work and dedication the North Eastern Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club gained championship show status in 1986 as did the north east bull terrier club in 1988.
The first championship show was judged jointly by Mr. Bill Morley dogs, and Mr Jack Miller bitches, with the dog challenge certificate going to "Crimson Flash", and the bitch challenge certificate going to "Lawbury Crackling Rose".