Stillington and Whitton Parish Council
William Cassidi C of E Aided Primary School
Park Lane Surgery, Stillington
The Parish Church
Village of the Year 2006
Honey Pots Wood, Whitton
West Street Playground, Stillington
Stillington Open Spaces Project
MUGA for Mount Pleasant
Friends of Stillington Forest Park
Stillington - Stockton Bus Service - 2014
Notice Of Vacancy
Development of the Old Vicarage, Stillington
Contact Information for Stillington and Whitton Parish Council
Links for Stillington and Whitton Parish Council
Welcome to Stillington and Whitton
|The Parish of Stillington and Whitton is situated in the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees in North East England. It is a rural community with a population of around 1200 people.
Stillington has a relatively large number of local sevices including a primary school, C of E Church, health centre, shop and post office, hairdressers, garage, take-away, pub, workingman's club, youth and community centre, two local bus services and a small industrial estate.
Stillington and Whitton Parish Council holds monthly meeetings (except August), usually on the first Tuesday. Meetings are held in the Youth and Community Centre and start at 7.00pm. Members of the public are welcome to attend meetings and can address the Council between 7.00 and 7.15pm.
Stillington has a small but flourishing industrial estate. The main firms are Darchem Engineering, Clarkes of Stillington Ltd. and North East Iron Refinery. New firms are welcome to the area. There are some small industrial units currently available for rent.
|Stillington is surrounded by farmland on every edge. Within the Village there is a range of housing which dates from Victorian times, many houses are post-war. About 100 houses have been built since 1990 and an estate of just over 50 new houses has been built in 2008/09.
As well as the main village the Parish contains two hamlets - Old Stillington and Whitton - and a scattering of farms.
This page has been visited times.