Contrary to the image many people have of them, greyhounds are not aggressive and do not need lots of exercise.
In fact, they are one of the most gentle, loving breeds of dog. They require just a couple of short walks a day on the lead. Actually, they are wonderful dogs! Here are a few more reasons why:
* They have a short, low-shed coat that makes them a good dog for allergy sufferers.
* They sleep most of the time, and can be suitable for homing with fulltime workers.
* They love to be stroked, petted and cuddled - we call them "love sponges". Many actually like to be dressed up!
* They have no genetic predispositions to disease and live to 12-13 years old - sometimes longer!
* They are content to spend most of their time lounging around and are such low-maintenance dogs that it is not unusual for people to have 3 or 4 of them.
* Many greyhounds can, with a little and sometimes with no training, live happily with cats.
* Greyhounds walk nicely on the lead, and many are so sedate that they are eminently suitable to live with the elderly, children or people with disabilities.
For more information, see our main site!