Royal Oxfordshire Horticultural Society History
The Society is one of the oldest Horticultural Societies in the country having beeen founded in 1830, its object was to promote and encourage the science and general interesrs of horticultural.
The subscription was 10 shillings per annum for ordinary members and one pound for honorary members, some of the meetings were held at the Oxford Botanic Garden.
The name was changed in 1849 to the present title when HRH the Prince Consort - Prince Albert became the first Royal patron, thus enabling the Society to use the prefix Royal.
The subscription is now £5-00, but the objectives of the Society remain the same as in 1830.