Background and History
The Brighton General Hospital SRNs' association had its early beginings as the Nurses League Brighton General Hospital and was founded in December 1950. This group lasted until the a new league was formed, when all the local hospitals were amalgamated together as one to form the Brighton Nurses' League. This body lasted until its final AGM on Saturday 12th May 1984.
Very little activity as far as re-unions and get togethers took place, apart from an attempt to hold informal gatherings of ex-BGH nurses yearly at some convient hosteliery. These were often porely attended and because the venues gave little opportunity for a real gathering, or conversation and reminiscences. Therefore this new organisation was set up in May 2003, with its first proper meeting taking place in the Post Graduate Centre at the BGH This proved to be most successful and it was deceided to run re-unions bi-annually. The most recent one held in May 2005 at the East Brighton Golf Club is reported on in the re-unions page of this web site. Further entries under this main page include the minutes of the first ever meetings of both Nurses' Leagues in 1950 and 1974.