A short history of the Club.
When, on August 1st 1911, "twelve gentlemen" met in the Bull Inn on Newick Green they could hardly have realised that they had helped to found one of the most popular and friendly clubs in Sussex.
Originally laid on earth to accomodate 4 rinks, in 1963 the green was extended to 6 rinks at a cost of £322. During 2000, the green was dug up, a full drainage system installed and new turves laid at a cost of £24,000. In 2004 a major improvement was the building of seperate changing rooms for men and ladies allowing the old changing facilities to be converted to new toilet facilities. 2005 saw the completion of a purpose built store for machinery and Green furniture. Most recently the old machine shed has been upgraded and incorporated into the main pavilion allowing the provision of a bar/social area.
The Club is one of the best in the County and hosts county matches and county competitions and welcomes touring clubs.
The Club admitted ladies to membership in 1974 and is a fully integrated club. There are a few matches played as "men" or "ladies" only, but most are "mixed" games. As well as friendly inter-club games members play in National and County competitions both as Club and Individual entries.
The Club is affiliated to Bowls England, S.C.B.A. and the S.C.W.B.A. and plays in the Mid-Sussex League and the Mid-Sussex John Spriggs League.