The victim of a serious sexual assault has bravely taken the decision to speak out about his ordeal.
Speaking at his home, the victim said: "I would hope that these guys will be thinking their plan didn't work, I didn't keep quiet. They'd have thought 'he's not going to say anything, he's going to keep that to himself, we're going to get away with it'. But I'm not going to let them get away with this. They can't get away with doing this to people.
"For a guy it's very hard. It's a macho thing. You feel like you've got to keep it in, but it's best out quickly. It's important to talk and to explain what's gone on, to make sure the description of these guys goes out and people know.
"I wasn't going to say anything, I had no intention of telling anyone, not even my wife. But after a few nights she noticed I was agitated all the time, I couldn't sleep. I did tell her I had been attacked on the Friday when she saw my lip, but I said someone had hit me and that was as far as it went.
"She said she knew something else was wrong and that's when I told her the full details. She said to me 'you've got to inform the police'. The words that really convinced me was when she said 'I can understand you not wanting anyone else to know, but it could be anyone next; it could be a child, it could be a woman. If these guys are going around trying to take control, you have to let people know, you have to let the police know.'
"We phoned the police and they came round within the hour. The police have been absolutely brilliant. I've had calls from different officers and they've all been very supportive, I couldn't fault them. They do care what happens, that was the nice part. They asked if I wanted to talk and have given me lots of numbers of groups who specialise in these types of attack. They've been very helpful."
Detective Inspector Rob Morland, leading the investigation, said: "The victim has been exceptionally brave in agreeing to be interviewed, hoping witnesses who have yet to come forward will speak out and if there are any other victims they will find the strength to come forward.
"Although racist remarks were made during the attack, this incident is not being treated as racially motivated at this time. We remain open minded to the possibility that this may change if new information is received. The victim decided to disclose his race in the hope it will jog witnesses' memories.
"Neighbourhood officers have conducting extensive house-to-house enquiries and CCTV has been ceased from the area. An anniversary visit took place on Friday, with detectives and neighbourhood officers speaking to local residents and to pedestrians who would have been in the area at the time of the assault.
"I would like to thank the members of the community for bearing with us during this difficult police investigation. They have been extremely helpful, especially during the recent community meeting we held with them.
"All information, however insignificant it may seem, is critical to the investigation and I would urge people to come forward."
The victim was walking alone along Station Road in Wadhurst at around 4.45pm on Friday 16 July. As he turned left into a private road called The Marlpit he was approached by two men in a car. The passenger got out the car, threatened the victim with a knife and subjected him to a serious sexual assault.
Speaking about the circumstances of the assault, the victim said: "I came into Wadhurst on the train at around 4.15pm. There was no bus service, so I thought I'd walk up the hill. I continued on to the newsagent, bought some food, stopped to chat to the newsagent and then continued on my way.
"It's about a five minute walk to the Marlpit. I was walking down the middle of the road in the Marlpit, I heard a car beeping a couple of times and just assumed that someone wanted to get past me. It's a dead end road. I moved over to one side to let the car pass and the driver said to me 'is this the road to Tunbridge'. I turned to give him directions and in the mean time the passenger got out of the car, asked me for a light, so I reached into my pocket for my lighter.
"He then made a racist comment to the driver, so I looked at the driver, and as I looked back the guy who asked for a light hit me in the face, knocking me down on my knees and then assaulted me. I think they were disturbed, as the driver yelled 'oi' and he just backed away and got back in the car.
"I ran down the road towards the Marlpit. I stopped running at the bend in the road and then continued walking. My mouth was cut, so I took a T-shirt out of my bag and held it to my face and continued home from there.
"The guy who attacked me was between 18 and 25, brown mousy hair, short on the sides, gel spikes on top, his eyes were drooping down like sad eyes, his nose was a roman type with a prominent bridge thin mouth with gappy teeth, good complexion. Yellow hoody and grey tracksuit bottoms, white trainers.
"The driver had a round head, swept back creamed hair, five o'clock shadow, baggy bulging eyes, red lips, hairy, stocky, around 50 to 55, black T-shirt.
"The car was a two-door dark blue, an older style car, a sharp angular car, with a beige interior. It was a clean car."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sussex Police on 0845 60 70 999, quoting Operation Leeming, or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111
This weekend we arrested a male from Surrey in connection with the assault at Wadhurst. He has been bailed and we are actively seeking another male from the same area.
The investigation continues and I will update you further as and when new information becomes available.