Minutes of meeting held in the village hall at 19:15 on 22nd May
Present: M Cowley, J Davey, S Douglas, S Ford, F Jewell, H Kneebone, L Marven,
R Rayner, C Ridgers, G Ryall, Y Vivian, K Winterson.
Apologies: C Burton, P Wood, S Fisher, C Ryall, T Martin.
1. Election of officers: M Cowley was elected Chairman, J Davey was elected secretary.
2. Aims & Constitution: Following discussion, the aims and constitution were agreed.
To provide the means for everyone within the community to have an equal voice in how their parish should develop within the realms of legitimate aspirations over the next 10 years, subject to periodic review.
To preserve and enhance the parish, for the betterment of all.
To incorporate the above in the Parish Plan for adoption by the Parish Council.
The name of the group shall be the Perranarworthal parish plan steering group.
The group shall consist of Chairman, Secretary and no more than 15 members.
The quorum of the group shall be 5 members, excluding officers.
Every matter shall be decided by a majority of votes of those present.
In the case of equality of votes the chair of the meeting shall have a casting vote.
The group will meet not less than ten times per year.
The constitution may be altered with the consent of two thirds of the steering group at that time being present.
3. Funding: Possible sources were discussed, but it was decided to await guidance from CRCC/CDC. LM and RR to draw up a list of local businesses that could be approached for support. A possible event for local businesses was suggested.
4. Communication: Ways of spreading the word in the parish and district were suggested, MC to work on these.
5. Consultation ideas: A combination of questionnaire and planning for real was suggested.
6. Any other business: JD to speak to school to see if interested in taking part. Village hall committee will contact hall users if required. CR to speak to Vicar.
7. Date & time of next meeting: Thursday 12th June 2008 at 19:15
Meeting closed at 20:50