Minutes of meeting held in the Norway Inn at 19:15 on 12th June
Present: C Burton, M Cowley, J Davey, S Douglas, S Ford, H Kneebone, L Marven,
R Rayner, C Ridgers, C Ryall, G Ryall, Y Vivian, K Winterson, E Richmond (CDC).
Apologies: T Norris, P Wood, T Edwards (CRCC).
Funding. It was agreed to seek funding from “Awards for All”, JD and ER will help with the application form. The Parish Council may have funds available to help with the costs of leaflets to raise awareness of what the steering group are doing before money is forth coming from Awards for All. It was agreed a project plan/business plan needs to be drawn up KW and JD will have a go at doing this in the near future (including possible projected figures).
Communication. MC has set up a web site at www.communigate.co.uk/twc/pwellplan/ and a post box for the village shop. CR has spoken to the vicar to let him know what we were intending with the parish plan.
Consultation. Sub groups will be set up for different headings/topics needing to be covered in the final plan. PW has researched topics from other parishes questionnaires, this was presented to the steering group to look at as a basis for our own questionnaire. Some of these headings included housing, traffic /transport, education, employment and local businesses, community facilities, leisure (sport & play), health, crime & safety, environment. SF will find out about local government issues on each of these topics, JD environmental topics, SD crime related issues and traffic & transport. CRy expressed concerns about the older or unheard people of the village being involved in the consultation and this was noted.
LM and JD approached the local school to ask if they would be willing to partake in planning for real. LM informed the group that the school was already making a mosaic of the local area. (Since then the school has offered it in whatever form is ready, as they will still be working on it next term).
It was agreed to make use of the school model as a centre piece for a planning for real exercise and combine this with a community social event at the end of the summer to get parishioners involved in the plan.
CRy, CB and HK to work on a past/present display of parish history in the village hall on the day. Provisionally the day will be from 10am to 10pm with BBQ and entertainment in the evening. GR and SD to look at availability of hall and field. MC to contact local businesses to seek support. CRy expressed concerns on how the whole parish could come to an event - various modes of transport were discussed including a mini bus to collect people - nothing definite was decided as yet.
Any other business. It was agreed to start future meetings at 19:30.
Date & time of next meeting: Thursday 26th June 2008 at 19:30 venue to be arranged.
Meeting closed at 21:40